The lndeck LaMont solid fuel model is designed especially for biomass fuels and combines the special, forced circulation features of the successful gas and oil fired La Monts with a vertical gas flow, vertical tube wall furnace to accommodate biomass firing systems.
The solid fuel LaMont has the following features:
- Designed for hot water-controlled force circulation – not a converted boiler
- Ratio of radiant surface to convective surface is identical for each tube to avoid uneven heating distribution
- Radiant section is connected to the convective section in series to prevent steaming
- Heat transfer is counter flow (water to combustion gases) for maximum efficiency
- Tangent tube wall construction minimizes thermal stresses during process upsets
- Seal casing design isolates insulation from flue gas to prevent condensation of acid gases on outer casing
- Selection of grate technologies or bubbling fluidized bed
For over 160 years In deck and its predecessors have designed, engineered and manufactured watertube boilers firing solid fuels of every imaginable type including agricultural waste, woodwaste, bagasse, rice hulls, MSW, ROF, bituminous, lignite and anthracite coals, whole and chipped tires and many others. lndeck’s product line is one of the most diverse of all the industrial boiler suppliers and also includes natural gas, fuel oil, low BTU gas fired boilers and gas turbine exhaust and waste heat boilers. lndeck would be pleased to put our experience to use for your application.
Total System Responsibility
Today’s stricter environmental regulations demand that biomass steam generator systems include a wide array of air pollution control equipment. lndeck has the knowledge and experience to select the right power equipment for your particular emissions requirements. lndeck can provide a total chute to stack scope including mechanical dust collectors, fabric filters, ESP’s, SCR’s, SNCR’s, CO catalysts and flue gas desulfurization systems.